The World of Chinese is a bi-monthly English magazine and web portal dedicated to Chinese language and culture, owned by the Commercial Press.
Writer and Editor
TWOC is currently recruiting a writer and editor to join our close-knit team. Writers will produce stories for the print magazine on a variety of topics—ranging from history and food to travel and current events—as well as produce content for our website and various other platforms.
- Writing, editing, and fact-checking content from our in-house staff and freelancers around China
- Participating in editorial meetings to choose and direct content for the print magazine and website
- Chasing leads and interviews and conducting original research
- Developing stories from the ground up and producing content to set columns for print content
- Participating in online content creation, editorial meetings, and other platforms
- Occasionally being sent to another city for a short time to report on a variety of matters
- Maintaining the quality and stylebook requirements of TWOC
- Two or more years of writing and/or editing experience for a print or online publication of note
- Fluency in English and Chinese (nationality is not restricted), able to conduct at least cursory interviews in both languages
- A deep understanding of current events and feature writing
- A strong strategic mind and the ability to work independently and to a deadline
- Decent proficiency with social media on various platforms
- An understanding of national affairs and policies
Email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development Manager
Our magazine consists of industry elites from a wide range of backgrounds and countries and we are now recruiting a business development manager to join our close-knit team. We are always looking to expand and increase of reach, so there are plenty of opportunities to flex developmental creativity.
- Communication with clients and customers, with analysis of feedback
- Actively looking for potential advertisers, marketing planning and implementation
- Integrate resources and planning to create promotional activities to increase market presence and opportunities
- Collection and analysis of relevant industry information, both domestically and internationally
- Foreign media advertising sales
- Liaison with foreign service industry
- Active planning and business development
- Branding and resource planning
- 2 or more years of experience in public relations and event planning or print media marketing
- Experience in media, 4A agency, or public relations planning, having worked with well know international brands preferred
- Fluency in English and Chinese (able to converse with clients and colleagues in both), nationality not restricted
- A deep understanding of marketing and trends
- Strong strategic mind and the ability to work independently
- Hard working with a strong sense of responsibility
- Good communication and team work skills
- Creative and passionate with good copy writing skills
- Social media savvy and proficient with image editing software
Email CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The TWOC that you all know and love will be undergoing changes.
For our 10 year anniversary, the TWOC website will be having a makeover, and we need your help!
If you have experience in graphic design, particularly websites, then we are looking to hire you. We will provide you with a list of functions and page templates that our new website will need, and then you will have free reign to design the website according to your own ideas and understanding of our magazine. In addition, you will have to make versions of our website for mobile platforms.
It’s a great opportunity for creativity and will look great on your portfolio.
Apply by shooting an email, including CV and cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can’t wait to hear from you!
We want an outgoing, motivated and pro-active intern. This will serve as an excellent introduction to publishing, and includes opportunities to interact with all departments, and network with professional leaders in the community. Candidates must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours a week.
- Increase the presence of The World of Chinese across social media
- Assist the Marketing Manager to coordinate marketing materials
- Research and find potential clients, update and maintain client databases
- Cold calling, maintaining relations with existing clients
- Assist in event planning and execution
Qualifications and Skills:
- College degree or currently studying for a college degree with a background in advertising, marketing, or communications.
- Fluency in both Mandarin and English preferred
- Knowledge of Excel, Photoshop, Photography
If you’re interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are seeking full-time online editorial interns interested in writing. We are looking for someone fun, inquisitive, creative, and reliable, with a real interest in China.
Candidates need to be available for at least one month, and will have an excellent opportunity to build a portfolio and resume through writing online news reports, as well as original features online. It is a fantastic chance for those who want a head start in magazine journalism.
- Generate ideas for and write articles for the magazine’s website.
- Write short pieces for the print magazine, assist in conducting research and interviews for feature stories.
- Conduct interviews, research, fact-check, and gather other firsthand material for original web content articles.
- Increase the presence of The World of Chinese across social media, maintain the magazine’s brand online, and produce multimedia for the website if needed.
- College degree or currently studying for a college degree
- High level of spoken and written English proficiency
- Basic understanding of Mandarin preferred
- Experience in web journalism, web content management (WordPress), social networking platforms, SEO optimization preferred.
The internship is unpaid, but a daily lunch stipend is provided
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graphic Design Intern/Illustrator
The World of Chinese is seeking graphic design interns in Beijing to start immediately.
Are you are a creative person ? Do you always keep an eye on current trends and know what’s “hot” in modern design? Good at illustration? Then you are just who we are looking for!
– Finish illustrations for the magazine to deadline.
– Communicate with the Art Director to assist on various projects
– Must have working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
– Good illustration skills (on computer)
– Knowledge of cutting photos and retouching
– Passion for creative magazine work
We are a multi-cultural environment and speak Chinese and English; free you creativity with The World of Chinese
Email us with your portfolio to email@example.com,we are looking forward to see you in office!
2. 熟悉Adobe Creative suite. 熟练使用Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign.完成一些排版和创意上的工作。
4. 还需要帮助设计总监做一些简单的跟设计有关的工作，例如： PS抠图,版面创意设计等。
你最好是设计本科或刚毕业的设计学生， 每周可以来2-3次。 这是一份带薪的实习机会。薪资面议.
实习时间 6个月以上 , 每周工作3天
If you’re interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also always on the look out for freelance illustrators, writers, and photographers. If you would like to offer your services, please contact email@example.com