Greater China is now the biggest art-market in the world, but thousands of galleries in the middle kingdom have closed up, while many artists are struggling to make a living. How are gallery curators, artists, and tech companies keeping up with this ultra-competitive art market?
- Ashley Qin: art director at YITIAO
- Lin Zi: gallery curator at SANTO HALL
- Sima Yuan: artist
- The article Photo Shop: Art in the Age of the Influencer by TWOC
- The article Zhao Xiaoli Blurs the Line Between Online Influencer and Artist by TWOC
- Middle Earth episode 60 The Golden Age of China’s Museums?
Middle Earth is made by China Compass Productions and hosted by Aladin Farré. If you have a China-themed cultural project like shooting your next documentary or looking for a specific talent, please get in touch!
With thanks to Ren Jiayin for production assistance and Sean Calvo for music support.