In 2021, there were 2 billion visits to China’s outdoor tourism sites, such as nature reserves and natural scenic areas. How is this part of the tourism industry coping with a growing demand for outdoor experiences, and did that influence the creation of the country’s national park system?
- Justin Culkin : A Trails - Business Development Director
- Rose Niu 牛红卫 : Paulson Institute - Chief Conservation Officer
- Yefren Nye : TWOC contributor & innovative Green Development Program communications specialist
- Episode 55: Why is red tourism trending beyond the golden generation? Middle Earth Podcast
- Episode 60: The Golden Age of China’s Museums? Middle Earth Podcast
Middle Earth is made by China Compass Productions and hosted by Aladin Farré. If you have a China-themed cultural project like shooting your next documentary or looking for a specific talent, please get in touch!
With thanks to Ren Jiayin for production assistance and Sean Calvo for music support.