As the year 2023 starts, we review our top 3 stories from 2022 and make a few predictions for trends in China’s culture industries in 2023.
- Aladin Farré : Founder of Middle Earth Podcast
- Hatty Liu : Managing editor at TWOC
- Jesse Appel, Sara Huang, Yang Yu, & Jingtong Zhu
To go further
- our podcast top 3 stories of the year
#79 Exploring Wuxia
#67 Creating Games for the West #64 Gambling in China : How Covid-19 helped the industry grow - Peter Chan’s interview about his movie LEAP (2020)
- The article Land of Milk and Honey: The Story of China’s Most Profitable Milk Tea Brand by TWOC
- The article Boom, Bluff, Bust by TWOC
- Wuxia novels published on TWOC: Restaurant of The Thousand Arms, Martial Tea and Night Moves, by author Hu Yuesheng (胡月生).
Middle Earth is made by China Compass Productions and hosted by Aladin Farré. If you have a China-themed cultural project like shooting your next documentary or look for a specific talent, please get in touch!
With thanks to Wen Jiayin for production assistance andSean Calvo for music support.